Tuesday, February 1, 2011

sn-OMG!

I can't take credit for sn-OMG! That is fresh from NBC action news.

Well, its only Tuesday and already its been an eventful week.  I worked this past weekend which means I had yesterday and today off.  Just enough time to prepare for sn-OMG.  Yesterday, I hit up the grocery store for my weekly shopping.  The rest of the city was there preparing to be locked in their houses for weeks.  You have never grocery shopped until you been in  a Kansas City store the day before a blizzard warning goes into effect!

It was like a marathon.  People's carts were piled high and the shelves literally were running low on almost everything.  The two items pricechopper was out of that I needed: fresh thyme and bananas... 

Last nights dinner was homemade cream of tomato soup (pics later) and grilled cheese sandwichs.  And not just any grilled cheese: fresh bakery bread with sharp cheddar, provolone, and fontina :)

We are camped out at home today watching the snowy grossness that is outside.  Cory got to work from home due to sn-OMG.  While he's working, I am debating: to shovel or not to shovel?  Is it worth trying to keep up with the snow???

1 comment:

  1. At least you don't have to go to work, like some of us. I'd wait to shovel...seems silly to shovel twice since it's going to snow from now until eternity.

    ReplyDelete