Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

So I've been bad about posting this week, but I finally got some pics uploaded to show off the most time intensive dish I have ever made!

I made it during the blizzard earlier in the week. I got a book in my stocking this Christmas, "Tips Cooks Love" by Rick Rodgers and I have had my eye on this recipe since.

Marinated Provencal Beef Ragout has about a millions ingredients and takes two days to make.

On day one, I had to make the marinade...starting off with onions, celery , carrots and garlic.


Then thyme, bay leafs and peppercorns are added, along with a bottle of wine!


The beef gets cubed, the soaks in the marinade for 12 to 16 hours.


This is some prepping on day two.  The beef gets browned, more veggies are cooked and in the left corner is pancetta!

The marinade, beef broth and all the other ingredients are thrown back in the pot and brought to a boil.  Then it cooks in the oven for two hours.

All done and it gets served over mashed potatoes...




This is my first official bowl of mashed potatoes that I have ever made!  For some reason, I felt that mashed potatoes would be really hard to make. Turns out...not so much.

Ta-dah!!!! This was really good.  It wasn't hard to make, it just took forever.....

Have a great super bowl sunday!  I have a few things to make today...nothing healthy of course.  Just good ol' fashioned football food!

No comments:

Post a Comment