Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Traveling Fin's...

I haven't forgotten about the blog, I swear!  Its been a busy few weeks.  Two weekends ago, I was in Chicago and this past weekend, Cory and I went to Denver and Wyoming with our friend Jon.  We flew into Denver on Friday and then drove up to Wyoming that night for the weekend. 

Jon had a job in Saratoga, Wyoming a few years ago and fell in love with the town.  Every year over Presidents Day weekend, the town holds their annual Chariot Races.  He has been trying to get us up there for awhile and I finally caved :)  I was a little nervous, but Jon promised me indoor plumbing...

The Wyoming trip is going to take a few posts so that you can get the full experience.  We drove up with Jon, his sister Alex, and his friend Sarah.  We also met up with two other couples, one of whom is also fellow hawkeyes.

First things first...when we got into Denver, we stopped at Sheplers, a western wear store, so Cory could get some new boots.  They also carried "dress jeans", on sale for $16.99, which he did not get.

Our first stop on the way to Saratoga, was Encampment , WY...population, super small.  There were two bars right next to each other: The Mangy Moose & The Bear Trap.


The view down the street from our hotel.

The general store in Saratoga.

Everyone told us to stop by the grocery store....now I know why.  Taxidermied animals everywhere!





More to come on Wyoming....

No comments:

Post a Comment