Monday, September 12, 2011

My Last Concert

Over Labor Day weekend, Cory and I had tickets for what is going to be my last concert for a little while.  Cory is going to see the Foo Fighters this Friday, then he is in my boat :)  We had tickets for Maroon 5 and Train at Starlight, which is a great outdoor theater here in KC. 



We got lucky in that it was the first beautiful day that wasn't 800 million degrees since June, but I had to attend the show pregnant and on crutches.  Not really how I was planning on going.  I have to say, the Starlight staff was awesome.  Not only did they let us park in the handicap parking section, they also had a golf cart shuttle that took us straight to our car when the show was done!  Now Cory wants me to bring my crutches to every show we'll see...

Despite my reservations over going to the show in my "conditions", I had a great time! 

Matt Nathanson opened the show and he was really good.  I only knew a few songs, but he was entertaining and also pretty funny!


Up next was Train.  While I like Train, I had really bought the tickets to see Maroon 5.  Turns out, Train was really good and their lead singer sounds fantastic live.  He did all of their big songs, plus a Led Zepplin and a Rhianna cover.


(Ignore how off-kilter this photo is, but Train started playing all sorts of KC pics , which was cool)


Finally Maroon 5 came on!



No comments:

Post a Comment