Thursday, January 27, 2011

Learning to be a better cook...

I am slowly learning to be a better cook.  When I had my first apartment with Melissa, I swore that I would never cook and that I had no interest in doing so. 

Turns out you can only have pasta and frozen meals so many times before you want something homemade.  My mom is a great cook and if I wanted to eat like that,  I was going to have to learn.  Poor Cory has been along for the ride and has eaten more than a few questionable meals.  When I think back to what we ate our first year of living together, it is really sad.

This is what I have been up to lately...

Cranberries, soaked in simple syrup and rolled in sugar....Thanks Heidi!


This is one of my new favorites.  Chicken pot pie with homemade biscuits on top...HOMEMADE BISCUITS!!! I still can't believe I made biscuits.

Meatballs for spaghetti and meatballs.  These were super yummy. My camera battery died before I could get a shot of the bowl filled with noodles, sauce and meatballs.

Corn muffins!  I made them for thanksgiving, and I liked them even better than cornbread.


 Shells stuffed with beef and cheese.  I LOVE cheesy goodness...I could eat cheese with every meal, if it wouldn't clog my arteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment