Monday, June 27, 2011

First Days of Summer

I had two days off work last week since I worked the weekend and they ended up being much better than expected.  If you ever check the blog, you may remember from about a month ago, I was summoned for jury duty.  I have been dreading it ever since.  On the summons, you are given a number to call after 5 pm the day before you are scheduled to show up.  Well, I called the number on Monday and much to my delight...jury duty was CANCELED!!!!!  And they consider your service complete and you can't be called for 3 more years.

Not only was jury duty canceled, we also got our wedding album in the mail on Monday.  I know, we've been married over 2 years, but we are procrastinators and put off picking the photos for about a year and a half.   But its here and it is pretty!

After all of the good news on Monday, I decided to try out a new recipe.  Its not often when I make something new that I am really excited about it, but this was delicious!  Creamy and cheesy and yummy, Oh My!  I made Baked Ziti from my best of 2010 cookbook.
http://www.cooksillustrated.com/bookstore/detail.asp?PID=436

Boiling the noodles and cooking 5 cloves of garlic...anything with this much garlic you know has to be good.

Homemade sauce, filled with the garlic!

Noodles, with a cup of sauce, mozzarella and ricotta cheeses.

Getting ready to head into the over....topped with more mozzarella and parmesan cheeses!

Out of the oven...gooey and delicious!

Even the next night's dinner was pretty good...baked bbq chicken, green beans, homemade corn muffins and homemade mac & cheese!


No comments:

Post a Comment