Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Cooking Post!


There were a couple requests for a food related post, so here you go! I don't get to cook as often as I would like to but we are still getting a few good dishes a week. And even though Cameron is only two, he eats so much, I have to take that into consideration when I am meal planning. 

My favorite cooking magazine this past year has been Fine Cooking. I have yet to make anything bad from an issue. My latest issue had a recipe for chorizo and egg enchiladas with a tomatillo sauce. We had to try it out!

The enchiladas also have red pepper, onion, and potatoes on them. 

The tomatillos, ready for boiling. 

The tomatillo sauce, if only you could smell it! It is tomatillos, garlic, cumin and a little heavy cream. 

My first time cooking with chorizo. 

The veggies, all coming together. 

The enchilada filling: chorizo, eggs, the veggies and a little of the tomatillo sauce. 

Then you roll up the enchiladas, top with the tomatillo sauce and cheese...

Ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment